Putt your way to $180,000!
HK18 is bringing the 2016 UBS Hong Kong Open to a location near you. We’re on the road for 18 days, covering all of Hong Kong’s 18 districts and offering you the chance to pocket the grand prize of $180,000.
This exciting new initiative sees us travel the length and breadth of the SAR with a 3-dimensional map of the Hong Kong, complete with iconic landmarks, and – yes, you guessed it – a putting challenge.
Standing in the designated place on the 3D map you have five shots at five different holes of increasing difficulty. If you make all five putts, you will be automatically entered into a skills contest that will take place on the practice green at the UBS Hong Kong Open on Saturday, 10 December, after which five contestants will progress to a play-off where they will try their hand at an epic 18-meter putt!
If you can drop that, then the 180,000 prize is yours!
And if that wasn’t enough to get you out on the road, all participants will receive a free Brand Hong Kong give-away, while those who advance as far as the third hole will receive a pair of free season passes to the 2016 UBS Hong Kong Open. And if this whole golf thing is completely new to you, fear not! We’ve developed a Virtual Reality Putting Masterclass to give you some top tips before you hit the course – well map really…
HK18 is open for the public to participate in free of charge from 11.00 to 19.00 daily (unless otherwise stated):
- Islands – Mui Wo Ferry Pier – 22 November
- Tuen Mun – Front Lawn of Gold Coast Piazza – 23 November
- Eastern – Quarry Bay Park Plaza – 24 November
- Tsuen Wan – BMW showroom on Castle Peak Road – 25 November
- Southern – Stanley Promenade – 26 November
- Tai Po – Tai Po Waterfront Park in front of the Insect House – 27 November
- Kwun Tong – Kwun Tong Promenade entrance – 28 November
- Sham Shui Po – Outside MTR station between MTR Exit D1 & Exit D2 – 29 November
- Wan Chai – Victoria Park bandstand – 30 November
- North District – Fanling Centre – 1 December (till 6pm)
- Yuen Long – Kolor Mall – 2 December (Virtual Reality & Brand Hong Kong gifts only, HK18 putting challenge not available)
- Sai Kung – Sai Kung Promenade – 3 December (till 6pm)
- Sha Tin – Outside MTR station Exit B – 4 December (Virtual Reality & Brand Hong Kong gifts only, HK18 putting challenge not available)
- Kowloon City – Carpenter Road Park – 5 December
- Kwai Tsing – Tsing Yi Promenade – 6 December (till 6pm)
- Wong Tai Sin – Outside Wong Tai Sin Temple – 7 December
- Yau Tsim Mong – HK Cultural Centre – 8 December
- Central – Outside Ferry Piers – 9 December (till 5pm)
Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to the HK18 putting challenge (‘The Challenge’) run in conjunction with the 2016 UBS Hong Kong Open, taking place in Hong Kong between 22 November 2016 and 9 December 2016.
- Promoter: PGA European Tour, 1101, 11/F Lee Garden Two, 28 Yun Ping Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong.
- The Challenge consists of five balls which need to be successfully putted into five different holes on the HK18 three-dimensional map.
- There is no limit to the number of times that a visitor can attempt The Challenge.
- Participants are required to participate in accordance with the instructions given by the organizer. Should a participant fail to do so, the organizer reserves the right forbid them from any further participation in The Challenge.
- If a participant is successful in putting the five balls into all five holes, he / she will be entered into a skills contest which will be held at 1pm on Saturday 10 December 2016 at the 2016 UBS Hong Kong Open at the Hong Kong Golf Club, Fanling, Hong Kong.
- The skills contest will reduce the total number of participants in a Grand Final to five.
- At the Grand Final, participants will have a single attempt to putt one ball a total distance of 18 meters into the hole. Practice shots are not permitted (Practice swings are permitted). If he or she is successful they will be awarded the prize of HK$ 180,000 (‘The Prize’). In the event that more than one competitor is successful, then the prize will be split accordingly.
- Promotion starts at 11am on Tuesday 22 November 2016 and closes at 7pm on Friday 9 December 2016 (Hong Kong time).
- Open to participants of all ages. Competitors under the age of 16 competing in the Grand Final require parental supervision.
- The Grand Final is not open to current or former professional golfers.
- The Promotion is not open to employees of the PGA European Tour.
- The Prize cannot be exchanged or transferred.
- The Promoter reserves the right to change or cancel any part of The Challenge or The Prize at its absolute discretion and without warning.
- In the event of dispute, the decision of the Promoter shall be final.